Monday, July 16, 2012

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle. Its true! Blog 5/5

Rewind to last Monday, when I almost needed Christine or Miriam to hand me a brown paper bag to breathe into after learning we had to log 33 hours using Google.  I would have never guessed how easy it would be to not only log the hours, but how much I would learn.


I wouldn't say I am a "techie", but I do enjoy anything that adds technology to the classroom in an easy way. Through this course I have found so many (relatively) simple ways to implement Google into my classroom.  I was able to learn from my colleagues in countless ways.


From making an end of the year slideshow like Christine did with Picasa:
https://picasaweb.google.com/109380897311147960721/ADayInTheLifeOfAFirstGrader02#5453791443480562098


Christine's Blog


To making an out of this world website using Google sites like Janelle (Virtual Recess? Genius! Meet Class 2C? So cute!!):




To watching Google take over through Daphnee's Google+ page:


Daphnee's Google+ Page


To Andy and Erin's  knowledge and passion for Google!! (181 tricks? Is that one for each day of school?):
Google Tricks


Andy's Google+ Page

Erin's Google+ Page


To learning Yiddish with Google translate on Miriam's Blog:
Miriam's Blog


To discovering some hidden Google features like Google Gravity.  So fun.  So sad that it is so fun.








There really are some great features of Google that I honestly did not know existed.  I think I may switch over to using Chrome regularly and will definitely keep up my website and checking in on other pages to see what ideas I can steal to learn some new ideas.


Thanks for everything Erin and Andy!

2 comments:

  1. I like the strike-through and great job Christina! Thanks for all the memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ate hysterical. I do so enjoy your enthusiasm for learning and your writing. I could attach this piece to you even without a name, your voice comes right through it.

    ReplyDelete